Newsletter #253 | News
Rockwell Collins unveiling a new "Whole Earth" at I/ITSEC 2015
The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is the world s largest modeling, simulation, and training conference
Rockwell Collins showing military simulation training products at I/ITSEC 2015 Nov.30-Dec.3 at Orlando, Florida
Rockwell Collins, November 23, 2015 - ORLANDO, Florida - At I/ITSEC 2015, Rockwell Collins is demonstrating how the company is taking on the military’s toughest simulation and training challenges with some of the world’s most advanced technology.
Three new products aimed at providing the most realistic military simulation and training will be introduced at I/ITSEC 2015, running from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3, including the following:
- Rockwell Collins will unveil its WholeEarth™ synthetic environment – the highest resolution complete Earth database in the industry, enabling simulated flight anywhere in the world. The event starts at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1, in the Rockwell Collins booth (Exhibit 2201).
- The company will also feature its EP®-8100 image generator with unprecedented realism and performance while preserving customer investment. Rockwell Collins will also introduce its virtual reality-based distance learning with 100 percent immersive training that provides the most realistic experience, anywhere, without the costs of travel or physical assets.
- In addition, Rockwell Collins is a platinum sponsor participating in I/ITSEC's Live Virtual Constructive "Operation Blended Warrior" networked training exercise coordinated with participants on the show floor. Join Rockwell Collins in the company’s exhibit to see several scenarios that demonstrate how to train to respond to a natural disaster and homeland security threat.
Rockwell Collins will also be featuring the following:
- EP®-80 visual system - high performance, flexibility and affordability in a PC IG
- ProSim™ ultra contrast projector – with darkest blacks and simultaneous full-bright light points
- Joint Secure Air Combat Training System (JSAS) LVC-enabled, open, interoperable, secure solutions - mature, available, certified
- RealFires™ transportable trainer - mobile targeting training
- Radar simulation - realistic sensor training, lower cost of ownership
- Helmet-mounted displays – wearable high fidelity devices for head-up immersive training
- CORE™ simulation architecture – customizable open architecture lowers risk and enhances training
About Rockwell Collins: Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries.
This article is listed in :
--Helicopters Flight School - Training Military