Newsletter #298 | News
Maverick Helicopters Launches Two New Flights in Maui In Honor of First Anniversary
Maverick Helicopters celebrates first anniversary in Maui, Hawaii, launching two new flights
Maverick, March 31, 2016 - MAUI, Hawaii – In honor of Maverick Helicopters’ first anniversary in Maui, Hawaii, the award-winning aviation company will launch two new flights on Friday, April 1.
The unique excursions, one that offers a breathtaking sunset flight over Maui, Molokai and Lanai and another that allows locals and visitors alike to adventure over the North Shore of Maui, are the first of its kind on the Hawaiian island.
Sunset Odyssey ($299 per person)
A three-island sunset flight over Maui, Molokai and Lanai
- This journey starts high above Maui and the Pailolo Channel where guests will take in views of the scenic waters and Elephant Rock.
- The experience continues through the ancient fish ponds of Molokai as the flight proceeds to Lanai.
- Passengers will then fly over Shipwreck Beach, which is home to the abandoned World War II Liberty Ship.
- As the flight returns to Maui, guests will enjoy sunset views of Molokini, the crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater; and the resort towns of Makena, Kihei and Wailea.
Aloha Adventure ($229 per person)
North Shore adventure of Maui
- This excursion offers a panorama of the North Shore of Maui and the world-famous Jaws surf area.
- Just off the coast of Keanae, guests will fly above the iconic Jurassic Rock (renamed after Jurassic Park) while taking in distant views of the Wailua Valley waterfalls and Haleakala National Park.
- The flight then follows the beautiful Road to Hana as it embarks toward the famous Hana Rainforest.
During each excursion, passengers will enjoy flying in the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism- based helicopter – the Airbus EC130 ECO-Star aircraft. Maverick Helicopters is the only company in Hawaii exclusively flying Quiet Technology helicopters. The luxurious aircraft offers guests a spacious cabin for up to seven passengers; voice-activated headsets; theater-style, leather seating; and wraparound windows for superior visibility.
Additional flights offered at Maverick Helicopters’ Maui location include Maui Dream ($389 per person), a full-island excursion; Molokai Voyage ($309 per person), an adventure over Maui and its neighboring island, Moloaki; and Maui Spirit ($299 per person), a flight above Haleakala National Park and the Hana Rainforest.
Custom and private helicopter charters are also available for a more exclusive experience. This option is ideal for wedding parties and special occasions.
About Maverick Helicopters: Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, flies more than 200,000 guests annually out of four locations in Las Vegas (McCarran International Airport), the Grand Canyon South Rim, the Grand Canyon West Rim and Maui, Hawaii. The company operates the largest and youngest fleet of Airbus EC130 ECO-Star helicopters with nearly 50 aircraft and holds the top safety record of any tourism-based aviation company in the world. Maverick Helicopters employs the industry’s top pilots and has received numerous accolades including the Federal Aviation Administration’s Award of Excellence “Diamond Award” 2011-2015; Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association’s “Best Tour Company” 2010-2015; TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” Hall of Fame; and many more. In 2016, Maverick Helicopters celebrates 20 years of operation as one of the world’s leading tourism companies.
This article is listed in :