Helicopter Training Squadron Eight US Navy
|HT-8 Eightballers |
1960 to present
HT-8 was formed at NAS Ellyson Field, Pensacola Florida, as Helicopter Training Unit one
(HTU-1) on 1950.
In 1960 HTU-1 became the eighth squadron in the Naval Air Basic Training Command and renamed to its current name
In 1972 the squadron moved to NAS South Whiting Field and was splitted: HT-8 keeping basic training ( flying TH-57A Sea Ranger ) whilst HT-18
becaming the new advanced helicopter training squadron ( flying Hueys TH-1L
) . Marines UH-1E
were also used.
From 1985 the TH-57B/C models replaced the TH-57A and HT-8 with HT-18 became mirror image squadrons both providing basic and advanced training
| Construction Numbers found for HT-8 ||Help Us |
104 C/N found for HT-8