united kingdom 529 squadron

Royal Air Force



1943 to 1945    




Formed from 1448 Flight on 15 Jun 1943 at Halton with Cierva autogiros (built by Avro), as more radar sites became active and the need for calibration missions increased. It moved to Henley in Aug 1944 and received its R-4 Hoverfly airframes in Apr 1945. Its short rotary wing story ended on 20 Oct 1945, when it disbanded.

@ (optional)     Send


Locations

YearsLocationICAO/FAA



Models Login to Edit

YearsModels





Latest News

Eight More AW139 for Italian Customs and Coast Guard

HAL Invite Private Partners for ALH Civil Dhruv

Vietnam’s VNH South Honored Its Customers

Exercise Dark Dune 2017-II

Royal Navy’s HMS Queen Elizabeth Commissioned

Able to Overhaul Tucson Police Bell 206s

NYPD Bell 429 Rescues Hiker

Centrica Norwegian Sea Drilling Program for CHC

Sponsors

Viewpoint

Saxon


Promote Your Services Here



Sponsored by
Viewpoint Saxon

Promote Here







Flying a helicopter
Helicopter stories
Accidents
Acronyms
Jobs new
Airliners
Airshows
Future helicopters
For Sale
Contact


Database

47267 serials
20237 photos
4017 heliports