CAMTS Announces First Dual Accreditation
The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) granted First Dual Accreditation to Embrace Yorkshire & Humber Infant and Children’s Transport Service from South Yorkshire, UK
CAMTS, October 31, 2017 - Today the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) announced several accreditations during their October 14th meeting.
Among these accreditations is a first-ever dual accreditation for CAMTS-CAMTS EU, a new first-time accreditation, and nine reaccreditations.
The First Dual Accreditation was awarded to Embrace Yorkshire & Humber Infant and Children’s Transport Service located in South Yorkshire, United Kingdom. This is a world’s first dual accreditation for CAMTS-CAMTS EU and is a full accreditation for rotorwing, fixed wing, and ground transport for their service which provides critical care to the pediatric and neonatal population in the United Kingdom.
“We are truly excited to announce our first dual accreditation,” said CAMTS Executive Director Eileen Frazer. “By expanding CAMTS’ high accreditation standards across the world, we strive to ensure the highest quality of medial transport care. It is an honest testament to the dedication and professionalism of Embrace, achieving this milestone, and we look forward to working with other companies and organizations who have begun the dual accreditation process.”
Embrace Infant & Children Yorkshire and Humber Transport Service is part of the Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust which serves approximately 1.25 million children within Yorkshire and Humber Operational Delivery Network which provides twenty-four-hour support for twenty-two hospital sites.
Embrace can transfer patients by helicopter working with The Children’s Air Ambulance and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
There were also new accreditations to come from this meeting:
- WellmontOne Air Transport located in Kingsport, Tennessee received accreditation for the first time for rotorwing services. WellmontOne, who operates a Bell 407, provides critical emergency transport in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
In addition to the new accredited services, the following CAMTS companies achieved reaccreditation:
- Angel One Transport, operating rotorwing, fixed wing and ground service in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Commercial Medical Transport, providing medical escort services in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Enloe FlightCare, operating rotorwing service in Chico, California.
- Flight For Life, operating rotorwing service in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Geisinger Life Flight, operating rotorwing and ground service in Danville, Pennsylvania.
- HELP Flight, operating rotorwing and fixed wing service in Billings, Montana.
- Life Flight of Maine, operating rotorwing, fixed wing and ground service in Bangor, Maine.
- Metro Life Flight, operating rotorwing service in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Staff for Life, operating rotorwing service in Columbia, Missouri.
This article is listed in :
Children Air Ambulance UK Air Ambulances
WellmontOne Air Transport State of Tennessee