Airbus Offering H145M to Australia
Airbus offers its H145M / EC645T2H to the Australian Defence Force Project Land 2097 Phase 4 for 16 special operations support helicopters to complement the MRH90 in replacing S-70A-9 Black Hawks in the 6th Aviation Regiment
Airbus Helicopters, March 18, 2019 - Airbus Australia Pacific managing director Andrew Mathewson has confirmed that Airbus had recently responded to the Commonwealth of Australia (CoA) request for information for a four-tonne class, rapidly deployable, multi-role helicopter for Australian Special Forces.
“The Airbus H145M helicopter is the military version of the H145 – the most advanced member of Airbus’ multi-purpose twin-engine category,” said Mathewson.
“It is based on a commercial off-the-shelf platform with military-specific modifications and is an operationally proven, affordable and low-risk option for Australia.
“The H145M program and systems are based close to five million hours of flying experience with the H145 family of aircraft which has over 1,300 units in service today.
“The Airbus Australia Pacific response included selected industry partners and the provision of training, maintenance, logistics and engineering activities. A comprehensive transfer of technology and skills will make Airbus Australia Pacific a regional centre able to proactively support Australian operational needs, and export this knowledge back into the wider H145M community.”
Mathewson said that other strengths of the Airbus H145M included:
- Excellent access and cabin space;
- Compact footprint for maximum agility;
- Excellent hot and high flight performance;
- Airbus Helionix cockpit which reduces pilot workload and allows greater situational awareness;
- Full multi-role capability allowing support to missions including aerial assault, aerial fire support, attack, ISTAR, CASEVAC and general utility tasks;
- High availability; reliable and robust systems; a small logistic footprint; proven by operations in similar configuration, roles and environment; and
- High rotor clearance and shrouded Fenestron for operations close to obstacles.
“Airbus stands ready to respond to the next stage in the tender process,” Mathewson added.
On October 2018, Australia announced that under the 2016 Project Land 2097 Phase 4 will buy at least 16 special operations support helicopters. Capable of rapid deployment by RAAF C-17, calls for tender were scheduled by end 2019 for deliveries starting in 2022
This article is listed in :
Airbus Helicopters H145M
Airbus Group Australia Pacific
What links here :
Airbus Offering Nightjar H145M to Australia