Helivia Aero Taxi Celebrates 30th Anniversary
Brazil’ Helivia Aero Taxi celebrates 30 years of providing service to offshore and onshore clients in the oil and gas industry.
Greenwich AeroGroup, August 08, 2017 - RIO DE JANEIRO – Helivia Aero Taxi, S.A., a Greenwich AeroGroup company, was founded in 1987 and pioneered onshore helicopter services in the Amazon.
This month, it celebrates 30 years of providing service to offshore and onshore clients in the oil and gas industry.
“It is quite an accomplishment to be celebrating 30 years,” said President of Helivia Aero Taxi, S.A., John Fenton. “This industry in Brazil has seen its ups and downs over the years and we have weathered through all of them due to the diligence of our employees and relationships forged with our customers.”
Some key milestones for Helivia throughout the years include:
- In August, 1987, Helivia received AOC from DAC (now known as ANAC)
- In 1992, Helivia was the first to introduce full IFR Bo-105 for 24-hour Aeromedical operation for Petrobras in Aracaju-SE, Paracuru-Ceará and Base Ecub in Rio Grande do Norte.
- That same year, it was also the first Brazilian company to operate overseas in Bolivia, Santa Cruz de La Sierra with two Bo-105’s supporting seismography for Western Geophysics.
- In 1998, it was the first in Brazil to operate Long Line transporting drilling rig for Exxon drilling in the Amazon for 1,800 hours with one Bell 212 and two Bell 214’s.
- In 2011, Greenwich AeroGroup acquired Helivia Aero Taxi.
- In 2013, Helivia took delivery of two S-76C+s and in 2014 added another S76C+ to its fleet.
- That same year, the company was accepted as a Member of International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST).
- In 2015, Helivia became the first Brazilian offshore helicopter operator to have its entire fleet fully ADS-B compliant
- In 2016, the company added two S-76C+s to its fleet bringing its total to five .
Today, Greenwich AeroGroup holds an economic interest in Helivia and 20 percent of its voting shares, which is the maximum amount currently authorized for foreign investors in Brazil.
About Helivia Aero Taxi, S.A.: Helivia Aero Taxi, S.A., is a Brazilian Civil Aviation Authority (ANAC) RBAC 135 operator with its main office in Rio de Janeiro and a RBHA/RBAC Part 145 repair station facility in Macaé, Brazil. It owns and operates Sikorsky S-76C+ aircraft to support primarily oil and gas customers throughout the Brazilian region.
About Greenwich AeroGroup: Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing; component repair and overhaul and parts distribution. Current locations include: Professional Aircraft Accessories, located in Titusville and Miami, Fla.; Professional Aviation Associates, located in Atlanta, Ga.; Summit Aviation, located in Middletown, Del.; TruAtlantic Mfg., located in Kernersville, N.C.; and Western Aircraft, located in Boise, Idaho. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janeiro.
This article is listed in :
Aerospatiale SA330J Puma in Helivia Aero Taxi