Rockwell Collins at NBAA 2015
Rockwell Collins will be featuring its latest innovations for the flight deck, cabin and flight support services at NBAA 2015 taking place November 17-19 in Las Vegas
Rockwell Collins, November 13, 2015 - CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Rockwell Collins will be featuring its latest innovations for the flight deck, cabin and flight support services at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) 2015 Convention and Exhibition, taking place Nov. 17-19 in Las Vegas.
During the show, the company will introduce a new cloud-based content service for the cabin and unveil its latest Pro Line Fusion® flight deck program.
In addition, a number of announcements will be made about enhancements to Rockwell Collins’ award-winning ARINCDirectSM flight support and connectivity services, as well as a new ARINCDirect customer.
At the Rockwell Collins exhibit (#8807), experts will be on hand to discuss the company’s new Corporate Aircraft Service Program (CASP) offerings that provide aircraft customers with more flexibility for maintenance and service.
Another highlight this year is Rockwell Collins’ King Air 250 with Pro Line Fusion, featuring the industry’s only certified touch screen primary flight displays. The aircraft will be available for NBAA attendees to visit at Henderson Executive Airport.
MEDIA EVENTS AND PRESS INFORMATION:
- At 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 17, Rockwell Collins will host a special event for media in its exhibit to unveil its latest Pro Line Fusion flight deck program. The event is open to all media and no RSVP is required.
- Rockwell Collins will be posting news from NBAA at http://www.rockwellcollins.com/news_and_events.
- Journalists and the public can also connect with the company through its social channels via @RockwellCollins and @RC_ARINCDirect Twitter feeds, Facebook fan page and Instagram.
- Press kits will also be available onsite at the Rockwell Collins exhibit. Journalists are encouraged to check back frequently for the latest news and information from Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins will also be live on Periscope over the course of NBAA. Events to be covered live include:
- Tuesday: New Pro Line Fusion flight deck program special event
- Wednesday: New cabin content service demonstration
- Thursday: ARINCDirect flight planning enhancements
Stay tuned to @rockwellcollins on Twitter for more specific Periscope times to be announced throughout NBAA.
- Pro Line Fusion® - Pro Line Fusion offers a broad range of capabilities that spans across all business aircraft. The system provides essential flight information through easy-to-use graphical-rich interfaces, including high-integrity head-up guidance featuring synthetic and enhanced vision and the industry’s first touch-screen flight displays. Rockwell Collins has earned a number of industry awards for the innovations it is bringing to Pro Line Fusion, including a Gold Edison Award for synthetic vision on head-up display.
- Head-up Guidance System (HGS™) - Rockwell Collins leads the commercial head-up display market segment. By effectively eliminating the need for pilots to continually transition from head-down to head-up, out-the-window view during critical phases of flight, HGS provides enhanced situational awareness and energy management in VFR and IFR flight conditions.
- EVS-3000 Enhanced Vision System - Available on both head-up and head-down displays, the EVS-3000 includes a proprietary multi-spectral EVS sensor, developed by Rockwell Collins, that significantly improves detection of outside terrain, hazards and obstacles in low-visibility conditions caused by weather phenomena such as fog. The EVS-3000 also brings the industry-first ability to fully detect LED lighting, which is increasingly utilized by airports as a runway lighting solution.
Flight Support and Connectivity Services
- ARINCDirect - Business aviation turns to Rockwell Collins for a wide range of flight support services. Rockwell Collins’ ARINCDirect provides business aircraft operators with the most comprehensive set of solutions for managing flight operations, including:
- High-speed, global cabin connectivity
- Best-in-class flight planning applications
- Award-winning international trip support
- Industry-leading Flight Operations System (FOS®) that integrates with flight planning and international trip support tools
Flexible Cabin Solutions
- Venue - Rockwell Collins’ Venue HD cabin management and entertainment system for business aircraft includes the features and functionality of the most advanced home entertainment systems and executive suites, including wireless cabin controls and audio-video on-demand. More than 500 Venue HD systems have been installed, more than any other HD system in the industry.
Real-Time Flight Information
- Rockwell Collins’ enhanced Airshow® 3D Moving Map system utilizes NASA’s Blue Marble map data, based on actual satellite imagery, to provide a modernized view of real-time flight information to passengers.
- Airshow 500 —the first 3D Moving Map system for light business jets—is a thoroughly modernized, lighter-weight drop-in replacement for the Airshow 410. It provides on-aircraft control of a wide variety of options and it is compatible with legacy monitors as well as newer widescreen monitors with digital inputs.
- The Airshow app for iPad and Android-based tablets is now available with a simple system upgrade from Rockwell Collins authorized dealers to give existing Airshow 4000 or Venue customers the benefits of more than 30 years of moving map expertise.
About Rockwell Collins: Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries.