Super Puma with New Universal Avionics Solution
Initial flight testing for the integration of Universal Avionics s EFI-890H Advanced Flight Displays in the Super Puma AS332L/L1 with Authorized Dealer Heli-One is now complete
Universal Avionics, March 01, 2016 - TUCSON, AZ – Initial flight testing for the integration of EFI-890H Advanced Flight Displays in the Airbus Helicopters Super Puma AS332L/L1 with Authorized Dealer, Heli-One, is now complete.
This well-proven, reliable solution is customized for Super Pumas and includes hover indication, vertical speed scale, vertical speed setting and desired airspeed among others.
According to Grady Dees, Director of Technical Sales for Universal Avionics, “the EFI-890H installation provides a cost effective technology insertion for the Super Puma. The PFDs replace analog instruments that are well past their prime and provide flexibility for the integration while removing a significant amount of analog switching. The interface will support the CDV-85 or CDV-155 AFCS systems in either 3-axis or 4-axis configurations. Functions of the existing Airspeed Indicator for coupled IAS mode and the VSI for selected VS mode are implemented in the display system. In addition, for 4-axis integrations, a collective steering cue with mode annunciations is provided.”
The installation package includes dual EFI-890H Primary Flight Displays (PFD) (one pilot-side and one co-pilot side), dual UNS-1Fw Multi-Missions Management System (MMMS) with 5-inch Flat Panel Control Display Units (FPCDU), and a single Radio Control Unit (RCU).
This new PFD system replaces existing electromechanical altimeters, airspeed indicators, vertical speed indicators, attitude indicators and HSI indicators. The MMMS incorporates the advanced technology, system design, features and capabilities included in the SBAS-enabled Flight Management System (FMS) with special interfaces and the ability to fly six distinct patterns. In addition, the RCU replaces multiple existing federated control heads for existing radios. Support for automatic transition to hover for the Search and Rescue (SAR) variants will be supported with an upcoming software release to the MMMS.
Optional Night Vision Goggle (NVG)-compatible displays, controllers, MMMS FPCDUs and RCU versions are available.
This installation supports wide interface capabilities, including:
- Existing Dual GV76-1 Vertical Gyro sensors (analog synchro interface)
- Existing Dual CG-130 Directional Gyro systems (analog synchro interface)
- New Dual Thommen AC-32 Air Data Computers (digital ARINC 429 interface)
- Existing Single or Dual AVH-16 Radio Altimeter (digital ARINC 429 interface)
- Existing Dual VN-411 or CVN-251 VOR/ILS Receivers (digital ARINC 429 interface)
- Existing single DM-441A/B Distance Measuring Equipment interrogator (digital ARINC 429 interface)
- Existing single DF-431 ADF system (digital ARINC 429 interface)
- Existing single Cobham DF-931 V/UHF Direction Finder System (analog synchro interface)
- Existing RDR-1400C Radar System (digital interface from NC-401B converter)
- Existing CDV-155 AFCS 3-axis or 4-axis systems (digital and analog interfaces)
- Existing 9900BX Traffic Advisory System (digital ARINC 735 interface)
To learn more, stop by Universal Avionics Booth No. 9333 during the 2016 HAI Heli-Expo. Exhibits are open March 1st through March 3rd.
About Universal Avionics: Universal Avionics is a leading manufacturer of innovative avionics systems offered as retrofit and forward-fit solutions for the largest diversification of aircraft types in the industry. Markets served include Helicopter, Business, Special Missions, Government / Military, Airline (regional / commercial) and OEM. To learn more about Universal Avionics, visit www.uasc.com/company/about.aspx.
This article is listed in :
Eurocopter Super Puma/Cougar in Heli-One
See also Heli-One Offers Super Puma New Avionics
What links here :
AS332L1 Displays Installations Expected Mid-2016