The museum opened in Jul 1971 inside a geodesic dome, designed by Richard Buckminster-Fuller. At the time it was the first dome of its type in Europe. The old museum had closed in 1967 as the collection had outgrown it and Amsterdam Schipol airport was being redeveloped, to include the museum amongst its western terminal area at Westelijke Randweg 201.
The museum closed again on 5 Jan 2002 and moved to new premises in Lelystad.
|Individual Helicopters||Login to Edit|
|HO4S-3||55-471||1953||076 : on display at Aviodome Museum, Schipol by 1972 until at least 197 ... |
|HUP-2 / UH-25B Retriever||259||1953||130082 : wearing 82, displayed at Aviodome, Schipol by 1978. Coded /UR-42 ... |
2 Construction Numbers in this organisation found