Formed from 1448 Flight on 15 Jun 1943 at Halton with Cierva autogiros (built by Avro), as more radar sites became active and the need for calibration missions increased. It moved to Henley in Aug 1944 and received its R-4 Hoverfly airframes in Apr 1945. Its short rotary wing story ended on 20 Oct 1945, when it disbanded.
529 Squadron List of helicopters
|C/N||Version||Built||In this Org||In other Org|
|715||C.30||1934|| AP506 : 5 RSS CF; 74 Wing CF; 1448 Flt; 529 Sq ||- G-ACWM : Built as C.30A 1934 by A V Roe. Reg G-ACWM Feb 1935 |
: to G-ACWM Jul 1946; Reg cancelled Mar 1959.
: Re-discovered in pieces in a barn in Tewkesbury Gloucestershire in 1981. S+
- AP506 : Parts and frame at BRM/IHM Weston by 1988 as AP506, still Feb 1998, still +
|728||C.30||1934|| AP507 : 25 Sep 2019 pictured (pic1) in 529 Sq markings / KX-P at The Science Museu+ ||- G-ACWP : Built as C.30A 1934 by A V Roe. Reg G-ACWP Apr 1937; to Cierva G-ACWP at + |
|726||C.30||1934|| HM580 : 1448 Flt Sep 1940; 529 Sq Jun 1943, accident Oct 1943; repaired and store+ ||- G-ACUU : C.30A built by AV Roe (1934 ?). Reg G-ACUU Jun 1934. |
: to G-ACUU (Cierva Southampton) Dec 1946 for the Air Horse and Skeeter deve+
: sold as G-ACUU Apr 1950 to Elmdon; CoA expired Apr 1960
: to Skyfame Museum, Staverton from autumn 1963 until its closure on 2 Jan 1+
- G-AIXE : G-AIXE ntu Nov 1946, reg subsequently re-used for an Avro Anson.
- HM580 : dispersed to IWM Duxford Feb 1978 when Skyfame Museum closed. Displayed as+