united kingdom 810 squadron

Fleet Air Arm

1933 to 2001    

810 squadron
Originally formed at RNAS Gosport in Apr 1933 from 463 and 464 Flights as a Torpedo bomber squadron. It had a distinguished fixed wing career including operations in WWII, Korea and Suez.
Reformed Feb 1983 at RNAS Culdrose, commissioning with 10 Sea King HAS.5 on 3 Mar 1983, taking on part of the role of 737 Squadron. It held regular deployments to RFA Engadine to 1989 and RFA Argus, although some of the advanced flying training tasks were relinquished to 706 Squadron in Oct 1985. The Sea King HAS.6 was introduced in Oct 1989 allowing the HAS.5 to be retired in Feb 1990. It became the HAS.6 OEU parent unit when it absorbed E Flt of 826 Squadron in Jul 1993, when that unit disbanded. Decommissioned Jul 2001 when its main role was taken over by 814 Squadron and its capability for SAR cover was assumed by 771 Squadron.

@ (optional)     Send


1983/01RNAS CuldroseEGDR

Models Login to Edit

1989/01sea king
1983/90sea king


21-jun-8622-jun-86 Fleet days 1986
02-apr-8217-jun-82 Operation Corporate
31-oct-5606-nov-56 Operation Musketeer
Flying a Helicopter
For Sale


42777 serials
13706 photos
3375 heliports