Leonardo, July 19, 2019 - The AW109 TrekkerM, the military version of the AW109 Trekker, is the newest multipurpose light twin-engine helicopter designed to provide military operators with outstanding mission flexibility, high performance and speed. With its features, the platform enables operations in the most challenging environments.
The AW109 TrekkerM, characterised by state-of-the-art glass cockpit, excellent flying qualities, high controllability and manoeuvrability, robustness and high inherent safety is the ideal solution for multi-role and utility operations.
The spacious and rapidly reconfigurable cabin is the new cost and operationally effective choice for a variety of roles including: Utility, Aerial Scout, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Armed Escort, Troop Transport, Search and Rescue and Medical Evacuation.
The AW109 TrekkerM offers a wide range of optional role equipment, including internal and external weapon systems.
- Low workload single/dual-pilot VFR/IFR integrated glass cockpit with advanced avionics and systems providing excellent situational awareness and maximising mission effectiveness
- Synthetic Vision System (SVS), Highway In The Sky (HITS) depiction, Moving Map and embedded Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS) all enhance safety
- Hot & High performance (Full Cat. A/Class 1 performance up to ISA+20°C) provided by Pratt & Whitney engines controlled by a Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system
- Flexible cabin layout is rapidly reconfigurable to mission requirements, with wide doors for exceptional access, rappelling and fast roping and operation of internal weapons
- Wide range of mission equipment including multi-band radios, Electro-Optic / Infra-Red (EO/IR) device, searchlight, loudspeakers, FLIR, rescue hoist and cargo hook
- Internal Weapons include 12.7 mm machine gun or two pintle-mounted 7.62 mm machine guns
- External Weapons include 12.7 mm machine gun pod (250 or 400 rounds), combined 12.7 mm machine gun pod/3 tube 70 mm rocket launcher or 7 or 12 tube 70 mm rocket launchers