V-280 Valor Prototype 100% Completion
The Bell V-280 Valor prototype is 100% completed and closer to its first flight this fall
Bell Helicopter, September 06, 2017 - The Bell V-280 Valor has achieved 100% build completion and moved one step closer to its first flight this fall.
The V-280 is the newest revolutionary aircraft in the tiltrotor family. The V-280 Valor was selected in August 2014 to advance, build and fly an aircraft within the JMR-TD program.
The V-280 has been designed to provide our military with the speed, range and operational productivity needed to complete any mission successfully and outmatch every opponent.
New innovations incorporated in the V-280 include stationary nacelles, which increases the ease of aircraft maintenance and safety of the ingress and egress. The newest tiltrotor offers fixed-wing high speed performance and low speed agility, giving soldiers and operators the option to select the best pace and maneuverability for their mission.
- Bell Helicopter : prime contractor
- Lockheed Martin : cockpit, avionics, distributed aperture system, Mission Equipment Package (MEP)
- MOOG : flight control computer and actuators
- IAI : nacelle structures and aircraft seats
- TRU Simulation and Training
- GKN Aerospace : v-tails and control surfaces
- GE : engines
- Spirit Aerosystems : fuselage
- Eaton : hydraulics system
- Meggitt : fuel system
- Astronics : electrical system
- Lord : elastomerics
Bell V-280 Valor N280BH ( Bell Helicopter )
This article is listed in :
Bell V-280 Valor
Astronics State of New York