Flying a helicopter
Helicopter stories
Accidents
Acronyms
Jobs new
Airliners
Airshows
Future helicopters
For Sale
Contact


Database

47264 serials
20231 photos
4017 heliports



facebook     twitter     google     linkedin


Sponsors

Viewpoint

Saxon


Promote Your Services Here




facebook     twitter     google     linkedin

Sponsored by
Viewpoint Saxon

Promote Here



Latest News

Exercise Dark Dune 2017-II

Royal Navy’s HMS Queen Elizabeth Commissioned

Able to Overhaul Tucson Police Bell 206s

NYPD Bell 429 Rescues Hiker

Centrica Norwegian Sea Drilling Program for CHC

Firefighter Chinook Tracking System

Tenth and Last AS565MBe Panther to Mexican Navy

Med Trans Moved Headquarters to Denton, Texas

19
Liked this

Newsletter #103     | News

PZL-Świdnik signs contract with HASA for three fire-fighting configured W-3A Sokół helicopters


Spanish company Hispánica de Aviación S.A (HASA) signs for 3 fire-fighting configured W-3A Sokol. HASA existing fleet includes 26 helicopters produced by PZL-Swidnik, 13 of them from Sokol range


PZL-Świdnik signs contract with HASA for three fire-fighting configured W-3A Sokół helicopters


PZL-Swidnik, December 10, 2014 - PZL-Świdnik, an AgustaWestland company, is pleased to announce that it has signed a contract with the Spanish company Hispánica de Aviación S.A (HASA) for three W-3A Sokół helicopters in fire-fighting configuration.

The contract will also see PZL-Świdnik deliver an Initial Spare Parts (ISP) package, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and a comprehensive training package.

These three new aircraft will add to HASA’s existing helicopter fleet, which includes, among others, 26 helicopters produced by PZL-Świdnik, 13 of them from the Sokół range.

HASA, a leader in the aviation services market, performs fire-fighting, medical rescue and transport missions and has been cooperating with PZL-Świdnik since 2009.

The contract was signed during a ceremony held on 5th December at AgustaWestland’s headquarters in Cascina Costa, Italy. Attending the ceremony were HASA’s representatives, led by Miguel Porrero, CEO, and executives from AgustaWestland and PZL-Świdnik including Daniele Romiti, CEO, AgustaWestland and Mieczysław Majewski, President of PZL-Świdnik’s Management Board.

The W-3A Sokół helicopters, to be delivered to HASA in 2015, are capable of VFR/IFR operations and will be equipped with an external cargo hook, Bambi bucket installation for fire-fighting, external cargo container and provisions for a rescue hoist, emergency floatation system as well as a foam dispensing system.
The Sokół has proven to be highly effective, reliable and rugged helicopter for fire-fighting missions.

Over twenty fire-fighting configured Sokół helicopters are already being used by clients in Spain, Portugal and Chile. In total, PZL-Świdnik has produced almost 180 Sokół helicopters.

The W-3A Sokół is a twin engine helicopter with a maximum take-off weight of 6,400 kg that can carry up to 14 passengers as well as cargo. The helicopter is capable of operating in all climates and weather conditions, day or night.

The Sokół can perform a wide range of roles including passenger & VIP transport, law enforcement, EMS/SAR and fire fighting. A multi-role combat support helicopter variant of the Sokół, designated the W-3PL Głuszec, has also been developed and is in service with the Polish Armed Forces.

PZL-Świdnik is the only Polish manufacturer with the unique capability of designing, developing and manufacturing helicopters (OEM). So far, the company with its staff of nearly 3,500 people has produced over 7,400 helicopters, which have been delivered to more than 40 customers worldwide.

With over 150 Świdnik-produced helicopters currently in service with the Polish military, including the Sokół, the Anakonda, the Puszczyk, the Mi-2 and the latest state-of-the-art military version of the Sokół, i.e. the W-3PL Głuszec, which has been developed through cooperation between PZL-Świdnik, the Polish Armed Forces and the R&D sector, the Świdnik plant is the main helicopters’ supplier for the Polish Armed Forces. Nearly 80% of helicopters supplied to the Polish Armed Forces over the last decade were produced in Świdnik (the SW-4 Puszczyk, the W-3PL Głuszec, and the W-3WA VIP Sokół for transporting top government officials). The remaining 20% were manufactured in Russia.

PZL-Świdnik is the only Polish company taking part in the Polish MoD’s tender procedure for the supply of 70 multirole military helicopters for the Polish Armed Forces. PZL-Świdnik offers the AW149 multirole military helicopter, which is the most modern aircraft among those presented to the MoD.


This article is listed in :
PZL w-3 sokol in ESHispánica de Aviación SA

Sponsors

Viewpoint

Saxon


Promote Your Services Here




facebook     twitter     google     linkedin

Sponsored by
Viewpoint Saxon

Promote Here