Formed from 1903 Flight in 1958. 6 month tour of Cyprus between 1964 and 1965, returning to Netheravon where it was then ordered to Northern Ireland. Its 4 Scout were absorbed by 656 Squadron when it was posted to Borneo in Oct 1965. As part of the drawback from full decentralisation, it was amalgamated at Netheravon with two other Air Troops to form the core of a new 663 Squadron in 1969.
After re-equipping with Gazelle in 1976 and a period in Northern Ireland as a resident unit, it moved to Topcliffe in 1979, where it was eventually absorbed into 9 REGT AAC and de-activated in 1991. It re-surfaced in 1993 and when RAF Turnhouse (the military side of Edinburgh airport) closed, the Flight moved to Leuchars and finally disbanded at Netheravon in 2009.