Appareo, March 26, 2020 - FARGO, North Dakota) — Appareo has received FAA approval for installation of Stratus™ transponders in Part 27 aircraft.
The STC-AML includes Airbus Helicopters, Bell Helicopter, Leonardo, and Robinson Helicopter.
The H-variant models, named Stratus ES-H and Stratus ESG-H, are now available through the Authorized Appareo Dealer Network, and retail for the same price as the Part 23 transponders.
Stratus ESG-H $2,995
Designed to be an all-in-one box solution for ADS-B mandate compliance, Stratus ESG-H is a 1090 Extended Squitter (ES) transponder with built-in certified WAAS GPS.
Stratus ES-H $2,495
Designed for aircraft owners who have already invested in WAAS GPS, Stratus ES-H will make an aircraft rule-compliant when paired with any of the following navigators:
- Garmin GPS 175
- Garmin GPS 400W, GNC 420W/420 AW, and GNS 430W/430AW with software version 5.00 or later
- Garmin GPS GNS 480 (CNX80)
- Garmin GPS 500W and GNS 530W/530AW/530TAWS with software version 5.02 or later
- Garmin 6XX and 7XX with software version 3.00 or later
- Avidyne IFD440 and IFD540 with software version 10.0.3.0 or
Both models are certified 1090 ES ADS-B Out transponders designed with the common 1.65” form factor to easily replace existing transponders. Stratus transponders can be connected to an ADS-B In receiver for the complete ADS-B experience.
Stratus ES/ESG Approved Model List
- Airbus Helicopters: AS350C, AS350D, AS350D1, AS350B, AS350B1, AS350B2, AS350BA, AS350B3, EC130B4, EC130T2, EC120B
- Bell Helicopter: 206, 206A, 206A-1(OH-58A), 206B, 206B-1, 206L, 206L-1, 206L-3, 206L-4, 407
- Leonardo: A109, A109A, A109A II, A109C, A109K2, A109E, A119, A109S, AW119 MKII, AW109SP
- Robinson Helicopter: R22, R22 Alpha, R22 Beta, R22 Mariner, R44, R44 II
About Appareo: Appareo is a recognized leader in the custom design, development and manufacture of innovative electronic and software solutions for aerospace. Through the creative application of cutting-edge technologies, Appareo creates complex end-to-end solutions that include both mobile and cloud-based components. The company is privately held, with headquarters in Fargo, N.D., and design offices in Tempe, Ariz. and Paris, France. All Stratus products are designed, developed, built and supported in the USA.