CHC Restructuring Recognized by CFO 2017
CHC’s emergence from Chapter 11 restructuring was recognized by the Dallas Business Journal’ Chief Financial Officer of the Year award CFO 2017
CHC, October 26, 2017 - CHC Group was honored by the Dallas Business Journal earlier this week at the Chief Financial Officer of the Year awards in the extra-large company category.
The award, presented on October 24, is given to the chief financial officers and teams responsible for outstanding performance within their companies.
The award is selected by a panel of top regional financial leaders and their criteria includes:
- Financial growth during the year
- Success in overcoming significant business challenges or barriers
- Superior leadership and team management
- Commitment to the company’s financial best practices and accounting standards, or success as a strategic visionary for the enterprise
- Other facts such as individual contributions to the local community
“We are proud to be recognized for the hard work of Lee Eckert and our finance team in aligning our business and fleet with the downturn in the oil and gas sector and positioning us to be successful in a challenging market,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter.
“It’s an honor to be recognized alongside some outstanding local companies for the work our team put in to make our turnaround possible.”
A key factor in the recognition was CHC’s reorganization and successful emergence from Chapter 11 restructuring earlier this year. On March 24, 2017 CHC emerged from the restructuring process with an improved business model and a strengthened balance sheet, which help competitively position the company for the future.