Developed in just 8 months, following an order from Stalin in Oct 1951 after evaluation of western helicopter operations in Korea, the Mi-4 Hound arrived in Apr 1952.
- Hound-A was a troop carrier for the Air Force
- Hound-B was an early Naval ASW model
- Hound-C was initially a close air support model
- Mi-4P was a passenger model introduced by Aeroflot in Nov 1958
- Mi-4L was a VIP transport
- Mi-4S was initially a crop sprayer but became better known in Forestry support.
Derivatives & Versions
List of Operators of Mil Mi-4 Hound
|From||Organisation with model Mi-4 Hound|
|Construction Numbers on database of Mi-4 Hound or its versions|