Astronautics, February 12, 2020 - SINGAPORE – Astronautics Corporation of America will provide its Badger Pro+ integrated flight display system for Subaru Corporation’s new Subaru Bell 412EPX, the latest version of the 412 series.
Subaru, in partnership with Bell, is developing the Subaru Bell 412EPX which is utilized for UH-X as a replacement for the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force’s UH-1J fleet.
Astronautics’ Badger Pro+ for the Subaru Bell 412EPX consists of four 6x8-inch, high-resolution displays showing primary flight, navigation, and engine data, as well as system synoptics, weight and balance, and checklist information.
The system displays high-definition video from multiple inputs and provides night vision compatibility. Badger Pro+ integrates information from across all systems on the aircraft to provide an operationally advanced pilot interface.
Badger Pro+ is the latest generation of Astronautics’ Badger display family with demonstrated reliability over 1,000,000 flight hours in the harshest environments.
“Astronautics has built its reputation on designing reliable, rugged, and innovative solutions that solve our customers’ toughest challenges. The Badger Pro+ system gives the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force enhanced situational awareness to reduce pilot workload and exceptional video capabilities for mission support,” said Astronautics President Chad Cundiff. “The readability of the displays is world class with color, contrast, letter sizing, and fonts that provide exceptional viewability.”
Astronautics Badger Pro+ is also the integrated flight display system on the new production BELL 412EPX and Bell 429
For a demonstration of the Badger Pro+ integrated flight display system, visit Astronautics at stand N29 during the Singapore Airshow, February 11-16.
Key highlights of the Badger Pro+ system include superior graphics and readability, versatile high-resolution video, and proven reliability with operational savings.
Superior Display Capabilities:
- Enhanced viewing with sunlight readability, higher contrast, improved color saturation, and exceptionally wide viewing angle.
- New advisory vertical approach capability.
- LED mode-select lights on autopilot controller for intuitive operation.
- Flashing messages synchronized between displays and readable at all times.
- Accurate and clear on-screen presentation of the helicopter terrain awareness and warning system (HTAWS)—eliminating need for external switching.
- Patented LED-based night vision goggle compatibility.
- Completely sealed enclosure with passive cooling for improved reliability to eliminate any chance of dirt or debris entering the display.
- Seamless interface with other avionics, including advisory vertical approach guidance for areas without approved SBAS/WAAS approaches.
Versatile Video Enhancements:
- Includes video inputs for FLIR and cameras on forward display.
- Accepts four video formats (analog and high definition).
- Displays video in full and split screen modes with pan, zoom, and rotation capabilities.
Reliability and Operational-Savings Features:
- Badger display family has proven reliability.
- Built-in flight data monitoring with file download rates up to 20 times faster.
About Astronautics: Astronautics Corporation of America, headquartered in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of secure avionics equipment and systems for the commercial and military aerospace industry. Key product areas include electronic primary flight and engine display systems, connected aircraft and cyber solutions, electronic flight bags, and certified servers for airborne applications.
Services include avionics system integration and custom software for critical applications. Since its founding in 1959, Astronautics has been providing trusted, reliable, and tailored solutions to help clients achieve mission success. Astronautics is the parent company of Kearfott Corporation, headquartered in Woodland Park, New Jersey.
Astronautics’ Badger Pro+ uses 6×8-inch HD displays showing primary flight, navigation and engine data